Incense Magick; Create Inspiring Aromatic Experiences For Your Craft
by Carl F. Neal
Immerse yourself in the enchanting, sensory-rich world of incense and deepen your knowledge of a treasured and indispensable tool for your magickal life. Carl F. Neal, author of the popular book, Incense, offers this meticulously researched, globespanning guide to the magickal applications of incense.
From “redecorating” a room with the perfect scent to performing intricate incense ceremonies, you’ll learn to create aromatic enchantments using pellets, seals, powders, and other incense forms in meditations, rituals, spells, and even games.
Take your practice to a deeper level as you discover burning techniques and mystical uses, both traditional and innovative.
- Rituals specific to different types of incense
- Guidance for selecting incense and charcoal
- An alphabetized list of traditional and modern incense ingredients, including rare botanicals
- Combustible: smudging, sticks (masala and joss), cones, cylinders, and dhoops
- Non-combustible: pellets (moist), loose incense, and powders
- Incense seals, trails, and chains
- Correspondences for the elements, seasons, particular intentions, and more
About the Author
Carl Neal has been a student of incense since 1977. In 1995 he became a professional incense maker and has avidly researched incense ever since. He eventually set aside his retail incense business and focused on bringing an expanded awareness of incense to everyone who would read or listen. Networking with incense makers and users from around the world has given him a very different view of incense.
He is a self-professed incense fanatic who has been lucky enough to learn from a variety of incense makers from North and South America, Asia, and Europe. He has traveled across America leading incense workshops and discussions. He has been a frequent guest at Pagan festivals and gatherings where he spreads his enthusiasm for incense with vigor.
A strong supporter of community, Carl loves teaching about incense at all sorts of community events. Carl holds bachelor degrees in History and Sociology. He currently lives in the beautiful Willamette Valley in Western Oregon.