Complete instruction in ritual magick, an opportunity to experience the arcane arts at home, at your own pace, The Nascent Magician is your personal training school.
- You get private mentorship and you receive group support from other students
- I’m available to assist you, in person, by email, phone or Skype
- 12 lessons total and each one is between 50-100 pages (16 point type for readability)
- A secret Facebook group just for students
- 8 homework assignments in each lesson
- The lessons are chock full of worksheets, for your studying convenience
Each lesson is at least two weeks of work and you need at least one hour per day for study and practice. Be sure you can set that much time aside. The Nascent Magician is for sincere seekers of the magickal arts, only.
See the Testimonials page for comments about the course, directly from students who have gone through it.
What’s in the
Nascent Magician course?
- Magickal theory & magickal practice
- How to plan & execute a spell, start to finish
- The Magickal Elements in theory and practice (Spirit, Fire, Water, Air, Earth)
- Mystical Qabalah (as opposed to religious Kabbalah)
- Make and consecrate Talismans & Amulets
- Candle magick
- Effective Prayer
- Money magick & financial conjure
- Dealing with personal karma
- Uncrossing: removing crossed condition, jinxes, curses and Spirit attachments
- How to make and use Holy Water
- Banishing negative energy, curses and hostile Spirits.
- How to set up your altar… and how to use it
- Psychic self-defense
- How to prepare and utilize a space for ritual
- Working with the phases of the Moon
- Making, using and caring for magickal tools
- The magickal diary and the dream diary
Some of the traditional rituals
- Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram
- Lesser Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram
- Middle Pillar
- Banishing Ritual of the HexagraM
- Liber Resh Vel Helios
Other things you will learn
- Rite of Elemental Equilibration
- Various psychic shielding techniques
- The Relaxation Ritual
- Ritual baths
- Daily adorations
- Meal blessings
- Spirit offerings (to develop allies)
Even More Stuff You’ll Learn
- ESP traininG
- Understand and use magickal languages
- Calculating planetary hours
- Timing and planning your spells
- Consecration of a tarot deck
- Consecration of dice, pendulum, etc
- Sacred Geometry
- How to construct servitors
- What to look for in magickal groups
- What to avoid in magickal groups
- Vibratory formula explained
- Protection spells
- Wording of intentions/petitions
- How to avoid spell failures
- How to work with Deities
- Working with Angels & chthonic Spirit
- Understand Low Magick and High Magick
- Understand Ceremonial Magick
- Natural Magick
- Visualization exercises
Hoodoo is a blend of many different systems and it encompasses the widest variety of traditions.
A strange mongrel, born and bred in the American South, Hoodoo is the stepchild of Voodoo and draws from many sources. It steals from the Pow Wow of the Pennsylvania Dutch, Catholicism, Santeria, European and Celtic witchcraft.
The High or Ceremonial Magick of the old grimoires is grafted easily into it and makes its home here.
- Magickal baths
- Spiritual cleansing of self and environment
- Mojo hands (aka mojo bags, gris gris)
- How to use herbs & incenses
The List Goes On
- Stones, crystals and gems
- Understand and draw Spirit sigils
- The use of color in ritual
- Exercises to help your visualization skills
- How to choose a magickal name/motto
- Planetary Qameas, hierarchies and Spirits
- Dice (astragals)
- Astrology and elections (timing)
- Spirit Communication
The exercises in the material help you gain control over your mind, body, thoughts, habits, feelings and emotions.
Learn how to manipulate your breathing, improve your diet and increase general health.
You get a recommended reading list and you perform lots of ritual work, in step-by-step fashion. Get thorough explanations of each ritual and no previous experience is necessary.
You only need a fervent desire to learn and you have that or else you wouldn’t have read this far. You’re going to work at this and nothing worth actually doing is easy, is it?
Toward The Light
This course is about “white” and “gray” magick and I’m not a fan of malefic work, except under imminent threat of danger. There’s a lot of protection magick in the lessons and nothing like what most people think of as “curses”. Defense is intelligent and encouraged, while attacking for the sake of attacking is immature, at best.
Study, do the homework, the ritual work and ask questions on the secret Facebook group. Those who succeed are those who get started. The lessons are full of useful study guides and diagrams and you have all the support you need.
What the Course is NOT
The Nascent Magician course is very eclectic and you learn the basic principles that apply to all magick. Various magickal systems and traditions get analysis and you get deep, intense and thorough training.
The Nascent Magician is not for everyone and it’s a LOT of work.
- a Wicca course
- OTO or Thelemic study
- Golden Dawn initiation
- Voodoo or Santeria secrets
- a Chaos Magick program
- a step-by-step for any particular grimoire
What the Course IS
In The Nascent Magician, you learn Ceremonial Magick and you get a heavy dose of Pagan and Hoodoo practice. A wide selection of various, other sorcerous arts come to you and you become a well-rounded practitioner.
There are pure Hoodoo techniques in here and there are authentic GD rituals here, as well.
Receive witchcraft spells, like you find in Wicca and techniques that would apply to Voodoo, Palo and Santeria.
You learn spells that utilize scriptures but you don’t need to be Christian, Jewish or anything else.
There are concepts taught here for conjuring chthonic entities but nothing “dark” is mandatory. A student of French might never travel to Paris and you will learn something about all types of magick. Regardless of your private practice, your understanding of the basics of many systems will allow you to hold your own in any discussion. New magicians will respect you and expert magicians will accept you.
Learn the basics you need to tackle specific systems, like working through a particular grimoire. Find out what you need to know, before initiating into a coven or join an OTO or Golden Dawn Order.
I teach standard rituals plus modern rites and this allows you to understand the old and the new. This gives you the ground work to move into other systems and the solid training needed for success in them.
No Hatred Allowed
You can be of any religion and do this course. However, you cannot harbor any serious resentments against any religion.
In the NM course, we use symbolism that is Pagan, Christian, Jewish and anything else, so long as it works. I have zero tolerance for bashing of anyone and there’s no trash talking any religion or magickal system. You will be warned and if you keep it up, you’re out; expulsion.
This course is heaviest on the Ceremonial magick. There is also a ton of Hoodoo and Pagan spellcraft. The old grimoires are the basis of Ceremonial Magick and what we call Solomonic practice. The Golden Dawn spawns from these and Wicca springs from the Golden Dawn.
Two types of students
There are two types of students for this course.
1) Survey Students
The Survey Student version of the course gets you the 12 lessons.
That means, you’ll get the written material of the course (ONLY).
The price for the Survey Student version of the course is $160.
Marks of Distinction
Desiring to have some sort of viable proof that they have undertaken the work involved, many students will seek after the diploma offered upon graduation. This is perfectly natural and healthy. A certificate can assist you to prove a level of competency, showing that you have completed the regimen of magickal practice. This may be especially useful for those who provide services to others, such as occult authors, professional spell workers, makers of arcane supplies, etc.
If you opt out of the homework and tests, you are a Survey Student.
Just like surveying a college course, you take the class and you get no official credit. Nobody asks you for homework and it doesn’t affect your GPA. The tests don’t count and you’re ineligible for graduation.
To take the course for credit
and earn the certificates,
you MUST read
these two pages:
(for both types of students)
- Must be 18… or have written and verbal permission from your parents
- You’ll need at least one hour per day to practice and study
- A space to do your ritual work
- A small amount of disposable income, to purchase the lessons, your materials, the candles, incense, oils, powders, herbs and other things you’ll need for your work
Time & Space
It takes at least 30 minutes and you should free up your schedule first. Come back to this and work at it, a little each day. It’s self-paced and even with lots of time, it’s going to take a while.
You do not need permanent, dedicated space, just to be able to set up an altar, burn candles and incense. You want your ritual work to be undisturbed.
The space doesn’t need to be large, just private. Even a 4ft x 4ft area is fine. You only need short periods, like ten minutes or an hour, possibly two hours at a time.
I had a person ask me if someone in prison could do the course. I had to answer no, at least not all of it.
Many of the rituals lend themselves to astral performance and some are mental exercises. Those are immensely useful to a prisoner. Still, a prison won’t allow you to burn candles or incense, so those and the theory, studies are relevant.
Tools of the Trade
Much of the ritual work requires candles, incense or other tools and so they are unable to do these, unfortunately. A prisoner will take the Survey Student package and I’m happy to have them. I wholeheartedly endorse such efforts of self-improvement and I wish them the best.
It won’t break the bank but you will need to allot some funds (roughly $150-250) for your training, since there will be things you need to execute the work. For Graduate Students, this is a requirement and for Survey Students, it is recommended.
College, is thousands of dollars on tuition and textbooks, each semester and conjure school is a few hundred, plus $10-30 per lesson on oils, incenses, etc.
Method of Delivery
The lessons are emailed to you as .pdf files. You’ll use Adobe Reader to open .pdf files and Adobe Reader is free. It’s easy to download and you get it here: Adobe Reader
Avoid contact problems by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts. Also include email@example.com
Also, bookmark this website. That way, you’ll be able to reach me easily.
Please allow 48 hours for delivery. I might be very busy. I usually respond within a day.